The European Armenian Federation for Justice and Democracy (EAFJD) is a pan-European grassroots umbrella organization that represents a significant part of the Armenian diaspora in Europe. Throughout the years the EAFJD has established itself as the main diaspora interlocutor, advocating for key Armenian issues in the European Union, its institutions, member states and other international fora, including the Council of Europe and the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly.
Founded in 2002, the EAFJD which has its seat in Brussels, coordinates the activities of its chapters (committees of the defense of the Armenian Cause) and supporters across Europe. There are currently chapters in 14 countries – Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Sweden, the UK and Spain. Thus, the driving force of the organization are European citizens actively involved in the democratic processes and advocacy in their respective countries.
- the safety and the fundamental rights of the people of Artsakh to determine their own present and future in their homeland, i.e., their right to self-determination,
- stronger and more dynamic ties between the European Union, its member states and the Republics of Armenia and Artsakh / Nagorno Karabakh,
- the recognition and condemnation of the Armenian Genocide and just reparations.
- the vitality, political and civic activism of the Armenian communities across Europe,
- the knowledge and practical insight of promising young professional from the Republics of Armenia and Artsakh about the decision-making in the EU through internship programs in Brussels.
- independent international short-term election observation missions based on OSCE/ODIHR methodology.
The Federation works towards securing EU assistance for the Republic of Armenia, as well as supports Armenian parliamentary delegations in their unilateral and multilateral activities within European countries and organizations, notably the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly, the Parliamentary Cooperation Committee, and the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE).
EAFJD is the European affiliate of the Armenian Cause Central Council, located in Yerevan, Armenia.